We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Broadcast Services Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As a Platform Controller you will be responsible for providing first line support for the Sky Broadcast Platform 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Platform Control optimises the customer experience by managing faults and quickly restoring service in line with the company’s commitment to provide ‘content worth paying for’.
– To ensure effective operation of our diverse range of broadcast systems and the timely detection and resolution of faults in order to achieve the highest possible service availability for our customers.
– Drive incident resolution and effectively manage communications to ensure everyone remains informed and reassured during incidents.
– Perform a range of proactive checks that predict and prevent platform incidents
– Quickly assimilate new services and ways of working to support continual change
– Seek ways to improve processes and drive availability.
– Excellent organisational and communication skills
– Experience interrogating monitoring systems
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Ability to apply Known Fixes
– Confident escalating Technical Issues
– Strong reporting/logging skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.