British Land owns or manages a high-quality UK commercial property portfolio focused on London Offices and Retail around the UK. As of 31 March 2020, the portfolio is valued at £14.8bn (British land share: £11.2bn) making us one of Europe’s largest listed real estate investment companies.
Our strategy is to provide places which meet the needs of our customers and respond to changing lifestyles - Places People Prefer. We do this by creating great environments both inside and outside our buildings and use our scale and placemaking skills to enhance and enliven them. This expands their appeal to a broader range of occupiers, creating enduring demand and driving sustainable, long term performance.
We are a diverse, curious, and agile procurement team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious and innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
British Land treat everyone equally irrespective of age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or other philosophical belief, disability, marital/civil partner status, or pregnancy/maternity status. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Like many organisations, these are challenging and unprecedented times for British Land. Please follow the link: here to review British Land’s response to COVID-19.
BAME Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with British Land and this role is responsible for undertaking procurement sourcing projects on behalf of the site based and head office teams in line with the procurement pipeline plan. You will ensure that procurement support is aligned to the structure, objectives and culture of the function, becoming an enabler to their business plans, objectives and deliverables.
You will be responsible for leading and sharing procurement best practice within your customer groups and continue the ongoing delivery of the procurement strategy. We expect all team members to be flexible, often working on a wide range of categories across multiple assets. Our third-party expenditure exceeds £850m annually across Facilities Management, Property (Construction), Professional Services and Corporate/Indirect, so there is plenty of opportunity to deliver added value and innovation.
If you like working in a dynamic environment this is one for you. You will be working closely with key head office stakeholders and field-based teams to overcome operational challenges whilst juggling planning and delivery activities. You will collaborate with key stakeholders proactively, identifying areas where procurement can add measurable value, and lead solutions to support strategic goals for improving organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will be a key contributor participating in regional cross functional team working to support the creation of specifications and service level expectation schedules. These critical inputs will enable the procurement process to deliver the best possible goods and services arrangements for our customers.
What you will do includes:
- Develop professional working relationships with key stakeholders from across the business to fully understand their objectives, performance issues, challenges and opportunities for each spend category.
- Develop and drive strategic category approaches for each service line ensuring that routes to market are defined and that spend is measured and reported on an ongoing basis.
- Support the company’s Supplier Code of Conduct by working to identify and deliver sustainable outcomes.
- Lead the supplier engagement and sourcing activities from sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing commercial supplier performance and life cycle management.
- Implement best in class procurement disciplines and support the continuous development and improvement of these activities within the procurement team and across the business.
- Manage ethical supplier negotiations and ensure value for money deals are obtained in a professional manner that ensure suppliers are dedicated to high service levels and are committed to contributing to British Land’s strategic delivery.
- Actively promote and monitor the use of British Land’s Risk Framework including procurement policies, processes and templates and Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Attend operational and planning meetings and visiting regional sites as required to better understand site requirements and provide proactive procurement advice and support.
- Develop and deliver a category/engagement plan to optimise scale sourcing activities in the short/medium and longer term.
- Contribute positively to the professionalism and credibility of the function to increase engagement on high value activities.
What you will bring includes:
- Strong commercial understanding of the service charge environment and be aware of the current trends for optimising best value.
- Experience across a number of commercial organisations and will have a track record of delivering successful sustainable outcomes in the most challenging of environments.
- Self-starter who can work independently whilst being responsive to positive challenge and guidance.
As well as:
- CIPS qualified to minimum level 4.
- Exposure to a variety of sectors/industries/environments.
- Category experience in both Direct and Indirect categories.
- Strong commercial, sourcing, category management and skilled negotiator.
- Customer Service focussed.
- Supplier and Risk Management experience.
- Experience of working in multi-location, multi-stakeholder environment (essential).
- Understanding how to drive corporate sustainability targets through supply chains.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. Please submit your CV and cover letter confirming why you are right for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Application Closing Date: 11:59pm, 15th November 2020.