We’re looking for professional volunteers to be part of our board and be part of a team in leading this often-underestimated charity to make a real difference to horses, ponies, and people.
Who are we
We are mostly known for our work in rescuing horses and ponies that have been abandoned, neglected, or abused. However, we are less known for how we collaborate locally and nationally with the RSPCA and larger equine welfare charities, or how we provide alternative education and training through equine assisted learning, therapeutic riding and outdoor learning in nature for children, young people, families and adults with our horses and ponies.
You would be joining us as a Trustee at an exciting time. An ambitious and visionary five-year strategy to expand our work was approved in 2019. We have a well-established, collaborative Board of Trustees and a dedicated, passionate workforce.
We are hoping that these new areas of development will appeal to a broader range of professional people who may now consider joining us to help develop our charity’s future.
We are seeking trustees with the following specialist areas of expertise to join us as specialist, co-opted advisors to our Board, with a view to becoming future Trustees:
- Digital Marketing
We would welcome hearing from you if:
- You have skills and proven expertise in one of the above areas.
- You want to develop your strategic skills and gain valuable experience at Board level
- You have good communication skills and would enjoy working as part of a close trustee board to extend your professional networks.
We are committed to developing a diverse board and wish to recruit trustees from a wide range of backgrounds including young people, people from minority and ethnic communities and people with disabilities. We are also embracing the evolution of home working because of the Coronavirus pandemic and welcome home-based trustees who can commit to at least one in-person visit each year.
The benefits to you
The benefits of becoming a trustee are not only in the interests of our charity. As an individual, it is an excellent personal development opportunity for you. These are just some of the benefits:
- Contributing your skills and expertise to a cause that is important to you
- Playing a fundamental role in the strategic development of the organisation
- Gaining valuable experience and learning new skills within a leadership role
- Challenging yourself by applying your skills in a different environment
- Gaining non-executive board experience
- Learning from other trustees and gaining new insights from seeing how others respond to situations and make decisions
For more details on this role and how to apply, please review the attached role brief in the link: https://drive.google.com/file/...
Application Closing Date: 13th December 2020